HillstoneCloudEdge Provides Comprehensive Security for Business Transactions in the Cloud
Hillstone Networks, a leading provider of network security solutions, today announced the new Hillstone virtual firewall solution, CloudEdge, based on its Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW) technology, is now available on Amazon Web Services (AWS) in standard and advanced editions throughout South East Asia.
HillstoneCloudEdge is deployed as an Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC) gateway to provide an additional layer of comprehensive security protection for AWS customers. The Hillstone virtual solution integrates with multiple security services, including firewall security, application visibility and identification, VPN, IPS, QoS, SLB, and attack protection, to ensure security for cloud deployment.
New features and benefits from Hillstone Networks include:
- Dedicated Cloud Security Isolation:Hillstone Networks’ CloudEdge inspects all traffic flowing across the Amazon VPC; unauthorized access attempts are prevented based on user and application identification and control.
- AWS Service and Reliability:Hillstone supports Amazon VPC service maintenance through the integration of a snapshot backup of CloudEdge, enabling rapid restoration of virtual firewall services with the most current configuration, in the unlikely event of an appliance failure or system crash.
- Flexible and Affordable:Hillstone provides granular control based on applications, offers comprehensive reports on Amazon VPC traffic, and helps AWS users achieve the lowest cost for network security.
Hillstone Networks’ CloudEdge allows users to provision firewall security whenever and wherever it is needed, and is an ideal solution for protecting their networks. In addition to most of the networking services common to Hillstone’s hardware-based appliances, CloudEdge offers:
- North-South Traffic Inspection to provide the VPC network with dedicated security isolation via policy control, as well as granular access control, QoS, VPN, IPS and server load balancing to guarantee business continuity.
- IPSec VPN and SCVPN for endpoint and hybrid-cloud. Standards-based site-to- site VPN connections are established between the corporate local network, branches and the AWS virtual service.
- Server load balancing, helping businesses establish an Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) instance.
“HillstoneCloudEdge provides strong security protection for various cloud environments. South East Asia is dominated by SMEs, who are looking to streamline security processes with solutions that are easy-to-use, available for immediate purchase and deployment, and strong security features.” said Francis Teo, Regional Director, South East Asia at Hillstone Networks. “The introduction of Hillstone’s CloudEdge demonstrates our focus on offering comprehensive security solutions that power and promote our customers’ business.”
Hillstone’s product portfolio addition of CloudEdge offers greater choice and flexibility by providing the ability to deploy a mix of hardware and virtual appliances operating together and managed from a centralized management platform. With more than 10,000 customers worldwide, this latest offering solidifies the company as a pioneer in enterprise network security solutions.
For more information on Hillstone Networks, visit www.hillstonenet.com.
About Hillstone Networks:
Hillstone Networks offers a broad range of security solutions for enterprises and data center networks – whether physical, virtual, or in the cloud. Hillstone solutions provide continuous threat defense not only at traditional perimeters, but also to internal networks, down to each virtual machine. For physical environments, Hillstone’s innovative security platform combines Behavioural Intelligence with high-performance networking, enabling organizations to find and stop threats in minutes, not months. Hillstone offers a complete virtual firewall solution for perimeter protection in virtual environments; Hillstone uses micro-segmentation technology to protect East-West traffic in the cloud. Established in 2006 by NetScreen, Cisco and Juniper executives, Hillstone Networks is relied on by more than 10,000 customers around the world, including Fortune 500 companies, higher education, financial institutions and service providers.Hillstone Networks’ US headquarters are located in Sunnyvale, California. For more information, visit www.hillstonenet.com.